Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mission Work

I woke this morning feeling a lot better but still not one hundred percent. I spent fourteen hours in bed last night and hoped this amount of rest would make me feel better. I had no appetite and although I tried a little scrambled egg on toast was unable to finish it. I felt well enough to do some paperwork in the study this morning and Sara went off into town taking with her the domestic rubbish for the tip which she didn't put out last night for the bin men (I was asleep in bed). I went over to see the doctor this morning who re-checked my blood pressure which was now back to normal. This made me feel a lot better. I spent most of the afternoon grappling with the PowerPoint presentation for the Food for Thought service. Fortunately, Sara came to my rescue when I struggled to get the words and background to co-incide on the slides - I used to have a secretary to do this type of thing! Tonight I attended a meeting of the Deanery Synod at Sarum College. We discussed the initiative for Mission within the Deanery with a presentation from Peter O-E. This was followed by group discussions which made me realise how more progressive we are in Winterslow compared to some of the other parishes. The ballot for the Deanery Mission Project proved in favour of the Mission Aviation Project and not Stop the Traffik. I returned home just as the House group was finishing. It had been ably led by Richard and it was good to see a couple of fresh faces too - Paul H and James C. The evening ended with the usual glass of spirits with Klynn and Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment