Thursday, February 18, 2010

Skating and House Group

Woke at 8.30 a.m. after a very strange dream about Tom and I going to a cash n' carry in Maidstone. I can't remember too much about it but it was quite weird. It was raining this morning and the weather never really got any better all day. I made pancakes again this morning - Mary's favourite breakfast - and spent the morning tidying up the kitchen and dealing with a few emails and "snail" mails. After a light lunch of baked potatoes, I left Sara to carry on the decorating of the cloakroom to take the children ice skating in Basingstoke. We spent two hours on the ice (again I remained upright throughout) and Mary was able to try out her new smart pink skates. I was pretty pleased with myself as I found a new confidence and was able to skate at a decent speed. The more I skate the more confidence I'll get. I have decided that I really need some better skates than the ones available for hire and will look to purchase a cheap pair. If I take Mary regularly then they will pay for themselves in saved hire fees. Afterwards we went into Basingstoke town centre to get Tom three new Test Valley School polo shirts and also looked into a model shop which supplies "N" gauge railway accessories. Tonight, after a supper of fish fingers, we had the final House Group on the topic of the Holy Spirit. We had the two Moodys, Rosemary and Dawn tonight - six of us. Next week we start the Lent Study Group with Richard leading as I am attending a meeting of the Deanery Synod at Sarum College.

No comments:

Post a Comment