Tuesday, February 09, 2010

We're going to Wembley!!

I woke at around 7 a.m. this morning in the little bedroom in Peter's home. I heard him busying around and I decided to read a couple more chapters of my book "The Lost Symbol" before getting up myself. After a quick shower I had a cup of tea and read the newspaper. Peter returned from his visit to the school where he is Chairman of the Governors. He was very smartly dressed having met with officials from Offsted. I then followed him to the old Goldstone Ground (former home of Brighton & Hove Albion FC) where he was taking his Peugeot van in for repair. We then drove to Wheelies for an excellent breakfast. Before leaving Peter to return back to Winterslow we had a look at his Provincial Royal Arch regalia and he kindly agreed to let me have this for my appointment to Provincial Grand Chapter in March as he has ordered brand new regalia for himself. I will only need to get the badges changed and my breast jewel re-ribboned in Warminster. I will go over there later this week. Tonight Tom and I went to St. Mary's for the Johnstone Paint Trophy (JPT) Area Final against Milton Keynes Dons. We won the match 3-1 meaning that we had won both legs with an aggregate score of 4-1. We're now off to Wembley on 28th March to play Carlisle United in the Final (Carlisle having beaten Leeds in a penalty shoot out this evening). There was a crowd of 29,901 tonight - a record attendance for a JPT cup tie match in its history. There was not a spare seat anywhere near us and it was odd to have strangers sitting in seats in front and beside us. A fantastic result. Although the play-offs seem to be slipping away from us, we are having a good season cupwise and Alan Pardew is proving to be the wonderful manager we hoped for. By contrast, Portsmouth are in the High Court tomorrow facing winding-up proceedings.

No comments:

Post a Comment