Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Sussex Invasion!

I woke at the usual time I would as if I was going to work. I made tea for Sara and went downstairs for breakfast of porridge sweetened with sultanas - a far healthier breakfast than yesterday morning! Sara went off into town and I spent the morning clearing up the hall landing and putting boxes and cases up in the loft. I then started to deal with some banking on line and answering emails. Other chores included tidying the kitchen and loading and emptying the dishwasher. I was making soup for lunch when we received a phone call that Paul from Eastbourne was in Romsey and was going to call in to see us. He arrived at just after 2 p.m. and we gave him lunch of beans on toast. We chatted for a couple of hours and he managed to remove the zoom effect on the HD channels on our TV which had been causing us so much frustration. He also showed me some of the apps on his iPhone which I can get put on my iPod Touch - especially an astronomical application which shows the position of all the night sky objects - not just the planets. Shortly before Paul left, Peter arrived from Hove and so we had two visitors from Sussex in the house - my ties with Sussex remain as strong as ever - after all, I did live there for 17 years. Peter and I left at around 5.30 p.m. to go into Salisbury to attend my Wiltshire Lodge, Sarum. Tonight we had an excellent lecture on Mozart and Austrian Freemasonry with illustrations from his masonic musical work. Fascinating. This was followed by an excellent festive board on vegetable broth, steak and mushroom pie, peaches and cream and cheese and biscuits. Peter is going to look into the options for our extension and kitchen refurbishment and come back to us. Lee, our newest member, wants to set up a dinner for him, his wife Karen and Sara and me during the next few days. Child minding always being the problem, I will try and get back to him tomorrow. I am receiving some lovely messages via Facebook with people generally being very pleased for my retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment