Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Day at Home - Blackberrying

A quiet day at home today after two hectic days in Hants. and Dorset. I woke up early again and revised my Intercessions before walking down to St. John's Church where the 9.30 a.m. Parish Eucharist was taking place because All Saints is being sprayed for Death Watch Beetle. The rest of the family decided to stay in bed! I hadn't realised that it was a Baptism today and accordingly, my Intercessions were not required (a pity since I got up yesterday at 6 a.m. to write them!) The service was short and simple. Coffee was served in the Team Office (the Old School House) and I met a lovely couple from Gloucester who were on holiday caravanning at Robin Hill Farm. Later in the morning, Mary and I went up to Barry's Field blackberrying. We got a really good haul of the fruit which we took back. Mary washed the fruit and then, under Sara's supervision, made a lovely apple and blackberry crumble which was the desert course to our Sunday roast. I washed the car. This afternoon Tom had his friend Samuel round to kill zombies or Germans or whatever on his PlayStation 3! After washing up I treated myself to a nap! Lovely! This evening I have been drafting some documents for a client so that I will be able to go with the family to Thorpe Park tomorrow (I must say I am not much looking forward to it - how do you get pleasure from vomit-inducing rides!). Writing this and yesterday's blog now and then a few letters before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment