Thursday, August 12, 2010

Passport applications sent off (at last!)

I awoke early again today and put out the rubbish bin. The workmen were already busy clearing away the remnants of the hedge and putting them in a large deep-sided trailer. We had quite a late breakfast, however, and Sara (with Mary) went to Susan's for a long Junior Church Planning meeting leaving me with Tom. I worked in the study this morning, clearing out a few old papers (some of which I bundled up to deliver to my old company in Salisbury) and found some books I had been looking for to take to Dorset tomorrow. Over lunch, Sara checked through all the passport application forms to spot any errors. This afternoon I drove into Salisbury to post off our passport application forms and to deliver the package to my old company. I also visited a couple of banks. On the way back home I dropped in on Mercedes to deal with a DVLC road fund licence problem with the old car (I am still trying to get a refund for the old road fund tax). Tonight I was due to go and see a prospective member for our lodge but was phoned up at 7 pm. to say the family were all ill and would I re-schedule it for next week. Later tonight I am hoping the sky will be clear for what promises to be a spectacular display of the Perseid Meteors.

No comments:

Post a Comment