Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Quiet Sunday

Quite a relaxing Sunday for once. The family stayed at home this morning as I went to the Clarendon Team Service at Pitton Church. It was very crowded with members of the congregations from all the constituent parishes and I had to squeeze in the back alongside retired cleric, Canon Roger Sharpe. I was also given a service sheet for a baptism rather than a Team Eucharist! Never mind, I've been to enough Eucharists to be able to follow the service. I stayed for coffee afterwards and was able to chat with Debbie and others from the different parishes. It was good to see so many people from our surrounding villages attending church this morning. Not too many children though, alas. This afternoon I did a little gardening and reading, I also went into Salisbury to post some important legal papers and met up with my former work colleague, Anthony, for afternoon tea in Waitrose's cafe. We chatted about the old company and old colleagues as well as discussing current affairs. It was good to touch base as he spends most of his time in Surrey these days (and I hardly ever go up there at all now). This evening Sara, Mary and I watched "Bruce Almighty" an enjoyable American comedy with Morgan Freeman once more playing God. I cannot recall one film with Morgan Freeman in it which I have not enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment