Monday, August 16, 2010

A Day at Thorpe Park

A very long day today as we spent it, as a family, at Thorpe Park in Surrey. We left home at around 9.30 a.m. but didn't get to the theme park until around 11.15 a.m. due to an accident on the M3/M25 slip road. The journey seemed quite long to me which was strange as I used to drive the 75 miles from Winterslow to Dorking on a regular basis and it used to seem much shorter. I guess this is an indication that I am no longer driving such long distances as before. The car park was already quite full when we arrived but there were still plenty of spaces. We exchanged our Tesco vouchers for tickets and walked across the bridge to the main park. Tom started off by going on Nemesis and Stealth and we then had a family KFC bucket for lunch. In the afternoon I went with Mary on the Tidal Wave (see picture) and Tom and Mary went on Colossus, Nemesis and Stealth again. We all went on the Rumba Rapids - a fairly benign ride in a large tyre through a fast flowing stream. At one stage Tom and Mary disappeared for about an hour - they were queuing for a ride but due to a lack of communication - the noisy music blaring out from the PA system made it heard to hear each other speak - and they eventually returned saying we knew where they were! I am afraid that Thorpe Park simply isn't my kind of thing anymore. I like to "people watch" and observe people getting wet by the "tidal wave" but I think my roller coaster days are now behind me. Much prefer a round of golf! We left when the Park closed at 8.00 p.m. and stopped off for some excellent fish and chips at Chobham - a little chippie I found once when returning home from a late night in the office in Dorking when the M3 motorway was blocked. What an exhausting day - so much walking in the sultry heat and so much noise. Feeling a bit like a pensioner today! Some Complex work tomorrow and a night at the greyhounds in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment