Friday, August 06, 2010

A Day of Sport Watching

A very early start this morning - Ed T called at 7 a.m. so I could give him a lift to the Ambassadors' business breakfast at the Grasmere Hotel. This was a combined meeting with another business breakfast group and there were well in excess of thirty people present. It was not easy to mover round and chat to different people but I met two new contacts - a photographer and and a print/mailer with whom I ate breakfast. No one minute spots today - just handing out business cards. I called in at Staples on the way home to buy new cartridges for the printer. Tom and I watched the Test Match from Edgbaston with Pakistan ending their first innings at 72-All Out - the lowest innings score in a Test Match against England ever! At close of play England were on 112 for 2. My tickets for Sunday's 40-Over Hants v. Durham game never arrived and so I arranged to pick up duplicates at the Rose Bowl on Sunday. Tom and I also watched a documentary on the building of the Forbidden City in Beijing - I actually fell asleep during it - obviously the lack of sleep at night is catching up. We all went swimming later this afternoon and finished the day watching the Norwich City v. Watford Championship game. Norwich, very surprisingly, lost 2-3. A very lazy day all round. The weather was not good - it raining on and off most of the day, and consequently, no further progress on the fence. We still have gaping holes which I do not like - so exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment