Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More Spring Cleaning

A day of cleaning and tidying. After breakfast Tom and I spent the rest of the morning cleaning and tidying the downstairs rooms (except the study which still needs attention). Before lunch I drove over to Porton Garden Centre to purchase lawn seed to fill the gaps left by the hedge. I have bought two large boxes which will probably be more than I need but I am conscious that the birds will remove some of the seed. After lunch (left-over Chinese for me, fish fingers for Tom) I set about sowing the lawn seed on the inner back lawn. I will do the bank tomorrow. I dealt with some Complex financial matters this afternoon before Tom and I drove to Southampton for the Carling Cup tie against Bolton Wanderers. We visited our chippie and sat in a somewhat empty Chapel Stand - very poor attendance for a game against a Premier League Club (10,251). Saints played fairly well throughout and at the end of the match only another silly conceded goal separated the teams as Bolton went through to the next round after a 1-0 win. We listened to the Portsmouth v Crystal Palace game which ended in an exciting penalty shoot-out after extra time. Portsmouth won 4.3 on penalties after each side took seven penalties each. We arrived home quite early for an evening match due to there being such a low attendance. We were home well before 11 p.m. Tom went almost immediately to bed whilst I stayed up and watch the two episodes of Battle of Britain I had recorded earlier in the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment