Friday, August 20, 2010

A wet but good round of golf

Another miserable rainy day today. I was up early this morning and attended the Ambassadors' business breakfast club at the Grasmere House Hotel. We were treated to an entertaining talk on behalf of Martin & Co. letting agents. Following the meeting I picked up some Brownie trousers (for Mary not for me) from an address in Bemerton Heath and visited the Golf Company in Wilton for a new Bay Hill trolley bag - my present stand alone one doesn't fit too well on the trolley and I now need a bag with more pockets as I am playing in different weather conditions. Sara spent the morning child minding two of Mary's friends and did her stint at the Lord Nelson. I cooked lunch for Tom and me and this afternoon played 9 holes of golf at Wilton with Richard and Klynn. The weather decided to get worse as we drove to the course. However armed with my new bag and waterproof jacket we played the nine holes in about 2 hours. I had a very shaky start but after this I was hitting the green from the tee (or thereabouts) most times and managed to win the half round with a 38 (45 for Klynn and 48 for Richard). I was very pleased with the result and a good way to christian my new bag. I think that I play better golf when it is cooler and when there is no pressure from players behind. When it is drizzling rain like this afternoon both criteria are satisfied. We finished our session with another couple of rounds at the Lord Nelson. This evening I went to bed early and watched a video of Portsmouth trolleybuses with a nice glass of white wine and caught up on my devotional reading. Richard feels he needs some more golfing practice so we hope to get a full round in sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment