Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fencing begins!

Hoorah, the fence posts have started to go up today and a boundary is starting to take shape along the bottom of our rear garden. The lawn needs cutting but there is little point in doing that at the moment with cement and planks of wood occupying a large amount of the lawn. Sara wasn't feeling too good this morning but went off to Morning Star, nevertheless, taking Mary with her. They were making chicken sandwiches today, apparently, for the banquet run. I delivered one bible reading book and up in Tytherley Road and tried to deliver one in Witt Road but could not find the address. I'll have another go tomorrow. Tom and I drove the Mercedes into Salisbury, very gingerly on the slave tyre, to Bathwick Tyres who were able to fit a brand new tyre, at half the cost of one for the previous car, within 15 minutes! We then went to Sports Direct and Waitrose to buy some trainer socks for Tom and a new golf glove for me and had coffee and danish pastries in Waitrose. This afternoon I went round to see Klynn to deliver a birthday card and a bottle of Irish whiskey, promising to call round and help him drink it soon! Sara made a lovely spicy pork and chorizo stew which we all enjoyed excpet Mary - she really does not like spicy food. Tom and I then drove into Salisbury giving Lucy a lift in to the city too. I dropped off Tom at Hudson's Field for football training and dropped Lucy off by the Waitrose railway bridge. After filling Sara's car with petrol, I drove to Five River's Leisure Centre and spent an hour in the swimming complex before going back to Hudson's Field to pick up Tom. He was exhausted - the training session lasting longer than two hours and he had got very wet out on the field. Back home, I dealt with some Complex accounts which I had hoped to do earlier today. Sara is ploughing through the ironing whilst watching an Alan Rickman film, as I write this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment