Tuesday, August 03, 2010

"Hedge Funds"

I am not entirely sure why but I simply couldn't get to sleep last night and at 3 a.m. I found myself going downstairs, getting a drink of cold iced tea and watching an episode of "On the Buses" in which our intrepid heroes, Butler and Harper, hope to win £5 by playing for the depot football team. I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep as Mary was wide awake as well. I gave her some lavender spray which, normally, works quite well. She was using her DSi in bed when I saw her. I did eventually get off although slept quite fitfully. Not sure why as I don't have any particular worries and I had played eighteen holes of golf last night. The weather is probably largely to blame as it remains warm and humid. Today I spent the morning in the study dealing with paperwork and finances and steadily working through a list of tasks. Work-wise, things are quiet at present as many of my clients are on holiday or waiting on their employers for further paperwork to show me. Late this afternoon Alan the "hedgeman" came round and started to cut down the hedge around the rear of the house finding dozens of missing footballs and tennis balls in the process! - not to mention empty drinks cans which have been pushed into the hedge by passing kids. Quite a fund of balls - a hedge fund. This evening, Tom and I played cricket on the Wii which produced two very exciting limited-over (6) games - England v. Pakistan (Pakistan won by one run) and Australia v. New Zealand (NZ winning by one run with one over to spare). Sara remains bewildered by it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment