Monday, August 09, 2010

Mission Giving

Didn't move around much today. It seemed hard for anyone to get up but eventually I did and made tea for Sara and me. Dealt with some post and a client discussion on the telephone. Sara made us a brunch and the morning seemed to just dissolve away. With the kids off it seems like a holiday - especially the arguing between them. This afternoon I hosted and chaired a Mission Giving Group Meeting where we discussed and agreed the charities the church will give its money to during 2010. We have particularly marked aside some money for the Pakistan flooding. After the meeting I took Mary swimming - I don't spend enough time with her and she is such a delightful companion. I am conscious that Tom gets far more of my attention with our visits to sporting venues - the travel and meals before or after and Mary is of a hurried or shared time. Tomorrow I've promised to go blackberrying with her - the edible type not the wonder phone! This evening we watched the Stevenage v. Portsmouth Carling Cup game - pity Stevenage lost. Tomorrow Tom and I will be back at St. Mary's to watch Southampton v. Bournemouth in the same competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment