Friday, August 27, 2010

Another win for Mary!

Sara awoke early this morning with severe pains in her stomach - it seems a bad attack of IBS - which left her feeling quite wretched. She awoke early because she is due back to Brownie Pack Camp in Bursledon this morning for breakfast and to help dismantle the camp and bring back Mary and three other brownies to Winterslow. By the time she left she was feeling a little better but not on top of the world. We both wonder whether she suffers from wheat intolerance as this often seems to spark it off. I saw little of Tom this morning who spent the morning in the Family Room on his playstation. I spent the morning dealing with paperwork which seems to have accumulated. Sara returned just before 12 noon with a very tired Mary and her friend Sasha. This afternoon I cut all three lawns and washed the car. Tonight Sara had an unusual Vie party in the garrison town of Tidworth details of which I will not publish to protect the guilty. Suffice it to say, it seemed a lot of work for little reward. I took the children down to Poole greyhound racing to make up for our aborted venture when the car tyre was punctured. Neither Tom nor I had a sniff of a win but Mary, on the very last race managed to recoup nearly all our losses with a forecast win (4-2 Reverse) of £18.35! How does she do it! It seems she has a win 9 out of ten visits! Both Sara and I arrived back home within five minutes of each other. The children and I enjoyed listening to the Paul Miller Show on BBC Radio Solent on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment