Monday, August 30, 2010

Farewell Alan, and Thanks!

I woke up this morning to the shocking and quite unexpected news that Alan Pardew and his coaching team had been sacked by the management of Southampton Football Club. This, after a brilliant 4-0 win against Bristol Rovers on Saturday, makes no sense at all to the average fan. Clearly, there are issues behind the scene which we do not know about and which may, or may not, emerge in due course. I formed a group on Facebook asking people to sign up if they want to support a move to re-instate him. I read many of the posts on Facebook during the morning from different fans and friends all expressing the same shock and surprise as me. The speculation now starts as to whom the management team have in mind to replace Pardew. Alan has achieved much for the club in the last 13 months, not least the JP Trophy win at Wembley - the first silverware since the FA Cup win in 1976. This afternoon I took some of the hedge clippings and other rubbish down to the dump at Amesbury and afterwards played eighteen holes of golf at the miniature golf/pitch and putt course at Stonehenge Golf Centre in Larkhill. I was delighted with my first nine holes - achieving five par threes but the second nine was not so good. I was rushing a bit as I was needed at All Saints this evening to move some furniture. Tonight we ate roast pork and watched a programme on great white sharks. An early night beckoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment