Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another 3 Points for Saints

Woke early this morning and brought tea in bed for Sara and myself. I spent an hour our so on the laptop dealing with some important paperwork before taking Tom up to Barry's Field for his football match against Basingstoke. Unfortunately they lost 0-5 and the team didn't play at all well. I took my netbook up with me and I was able to do some more work in the clubhouse before the match began. This afternoon I took Tom, and his classmate Callum, to St. Mary's Stadium to watch the Saints v. Carlisle United game. Callum lives in Lockerley and we almost pass his house every time we go to Southampton. Once more, we parked at the Trethowan's garages off The Avenue and walked along St. Mary's Road and St. Mary's Street to our usual chippie. After picking up Callum's ticket from the ticket office we joined our usual crowd in the Chapel Stand to watch ninety minutes of not very inspirational football - quite a slow game in fact. Fortunately for Saints, a goal from Rickie Lambert just before half time secured a win for Southampton who spent most of the second half keeping a clean sheet. Carlisle played with just ten men for most of the afternoon and Southampton seemed to be playing with only ten themselves - rather like Tom's match this morning! Tonight Sara is out baby-sitting with Mary and Tom has been playing on his Xbox in the lounge whilst I have been finishing off some important paperwork. A quiet night in.

No comments:

Post a Comment