Monday, February 14, 2011

A Day of Meetings

St. Valentine's Day today. Sara and I had decided to dispense with the chocolates, hearts and flowers and instead gave each other a card. It has been quite a hectic day, again today - especially this morning. Tom was feeling unwell - dizzy - and stayed at home today. Sophie from West Dean came over to see Sara first thing and I had a meeting with Susan and one of her art colleagues to discuss the procedures in a criminal trial for a piece of artwork they propose doing. Afterwards I joined Rosemary, Carole and Gillian at Rosemary's for part of their bible study meeting before then driving over to Laverstock for a special meeting of the church's standing committee to discuss the church's budget for 2011 over a plate of sandwiches. It proved to be a relatively easy task in the end. After the meeting I went into Salisbury to have my photograph taken and also called in at the Sarum bookshop. I had intended to spend some time either swimming or in the gym but found that my shorts were still wet from my previous visit and that the swimming pool was being used for children's lessons. I returned home and worked in the study until teatime. Tonight, Mary and I played a couple of games of Cluedo. Another busy day tomorrow on church business including a very heavy Deanery Synod meeting tomorrow night at Sarum College. An early night beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment