Friday, February 04, 2011

Coffee in West Dean

A slightly more leisurely day than the previous ones this week. After the children had gone to school and I had written up my diary and read my devotionals, Sara and I drove over to West Dean to support Sophie and her coffee shop in St. Mary's Church. Unfortunately for Sophie, only one other person came along -this is such a shame seeing that Sophie has been working so hard to get the church better known in her community. I do hope she'll stick at it as, in my experience, it often takes a little while to get something like that established. We left her at around 11.30 a.m. and returned back home. Sara was working at the Lord Nelson this lunchtime. Whilst she was out I finished off working on the lecture for the lodge meeting in Brighton on Monday (which is to be delivered by the secretary and not me) by which time Tom was ready to be taken to football training at Sarum Academy. His training this evening was cut rather short as the cleaning staff had taken it upon themselves to clean the hall in advance of the boys arriving and so the floor was still wet and slippery - making it useless for them to train properly without the fear of injury! I suspect the staff decided to do the cleaning early so they could push off earlier for the weekend! Back home, I ate a light choices prawn curry and watched some comedy on TV. I went to bed quite early this evening feeling quite exhausted. It's been quite a week and tomorrow Sara and I will be out late attending a formal dinner in Melksham - the other end of the county. I need my sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment