Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Deanery Synod

Another very busy day today - with heavy rain this morning. I woke up early at 6.30 a.m. and drove into Salisbury for an early morning swim after doing a bit of work in the study (writing some letters for posting in the city). I spent half an hour or so and swam twenty lengths before driving to the Southampton Road retail park where I did some shopping at Staples and the new Lidl's. I took the opportunity, whilst in Staples' car park to ring Mum with whom I had not spoken on Sunday evening because of the pub quiz. She seemed well and was going indoor bowling this afternoon. I returned home about 10.30 a.m. Sara was out doing some "mystery shopping" in Salisbury. This afternoon I had appointments at the Rectory and with Debbie in Pitton and on my return home spent an hour or so in the study finalising an important document which I need to deliver in Dorchester tomorrow. Sara cooked a Weight Watchers' beef casserole which was delicious before I sent off again for a meeting of the Deanery Synod at Sarum College in the The Cathedral Close. At this meeting the Synod was being asked to vote on the Diocesan Synod's motion for the approval of the draft Measure to ordain female bishops. Not surprisingly, the motion was passed almost unanimously. This was the last Synod meeting before elections in April to appoint a fresh set of representatives for another three years. I have indicated to the Winterslow PCC a willingness to stand again. Arrived home tonight to find Sara watching a medical programme about conjoined twins. Not my "cup of tea" at all so I decided to write up this blog and have an early night with a book. Tomorrow I have another early start to drive to Dorchester for a meeting with a former HR colleague from my old company.

No comments:

Post a Comment