Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seeing old friends in Surrey

Off to Weight Watchers first thing this morning - but on my own as Sara was taking the kids to the cinema in Southampton to see Alice in Wonderland. It was a very quick visit to W/Ws as I was going on to Surrey to have lunch with my former secretary, Karen, and others from Friends Provident. Pleased to say that I lost another pound this week although my weight loss is really slowing down now - only two pounds in two weeks - the slowest rate yet. Still I have only put weight on once (half a pound) in the thirteen weeks I have been at Weight Watchers which means I have now lost 2 stones and 3.5 pounds in total! Pretty good going. I met up with Karen and the others at the Arkle Manor country hotel and pub on the A25 at Betchworth. We spent a pleasant two hours catching up on all the news. Karen hopes to come over to Salisbury soon. I drove back by way of the rather scenic A272 through Sussex. This evening I led another bible study group - this time looking at Joel with it graphic description of locust swarms. We only have two more minor profits to look at which we will "knock-off" next week. The Team Council, last night, approved the expenditure for me to attend the Selection Conference in June for Licenced Lay Ministry. Apparently the vote was unanimous with full approval for me to go forward. This means that my calling for this type of church ministry is now public knowledge within the team. If I succeed at the Conference, this will mean my training will start in September and a lot of hard work and study over the next three years. With this degree of support I really musn't fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment