Friday, February 18, 2011

Taking Wine in Botley

Another action packed day today. Up early to attend the Ambassador's Breakfast meeting at Grasmere House Hotel in Harnham where I had to give my usual one-minute speech on the work of Complex Services. Afterwards, I left the car in their car park and walked into Salisbury across the water meadows - it was damp and misty with a deep chill in the air. In the city centre I visited Barclay's Bank to transfer some funds into our current account and then walked back to the Grasmere through the Cathedral Close, Harnham Gate and Harnham Village. It was good to walk past the Rose and crown where Sara and I had our wedding reception. It brought back great memories or the day and people who are no longer with us. After a short stop at the new Lidl's to but some fruit, I drove to St. Mary's Church, West Dean to have coffee with Sophie and her friends. This week the coffee shop was well attended with, I am pleased to say, a couple of people from Winterslow. It is good that we are supporting other Team initiatives. Sophie and I spent an hour afterwards having a long chat about our respective plans for the church. Sara was still out working at the Lord Nelson's Arms when I got back. I made myself a light lunch of crumpets and bananas and set about writing up my blog and dealing with some incoming mail and emails. At 4 p.m. David Davies, the Secretary of Wiltshire Masters' Lodge arrived and we drove off in his car to Botley to attend a meeting of the Southampton & District Installed Masters' Lodge. It was an extremely interesting meeting with a talk on the Ancient and Accepted Rite - the Christian Degree I joined only three weeks or so ago. After the meeting we enjoyed a lovely dinner at which I was asked to give a short speech on behalf of the visitors in response to the relevant toast. I was pleased to do this. I arrived home about 10.30 p.m. as predicted. Sara has been in touch with her Dad and Andrea and also with her brother Lee. She is hopeful of some form of reconciliation (for want of a better word) between Lee and his daughter. I ended the evening watching an interesting documentary about Moses and the battles he fought on the way to Canaan.

No comments:

Post a Comment