Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Coming Together

Up early this morning as I had quite a busy day ahead of me. The weather was mild and dry today as I set off for my meeting with Pam in Dorchester to discuss a potential partnership arrangement to provide employment law and HR services to the education system. I arrived in Dorchester quite early and delivered an important document to an address there before meeting up with Pam at The Octagon CafĂ© in Poundbury – the beautiful village/small suburb adjacent to Dorchester, built on land belonging to the Duchy of Cornwall and to the stringent specifications of the Prince of Wales. We spent over two hours together catching up on our news (we last met nearly a year ago) and discussing business. We parted at about 12.15 p.m. and I was back home by 1.30 p.m. – just in time to greet Sara before she set off for her LPA training. I picked up Mary from school (walking there and back) and cooked tea for both children. Tonight I attended a meeting to discuss the Food for Thought/Youth Zone joint meeting for Red Nose Day. I don’t think I contributed much to this meeting and felt that it was project more suited to others. Although I will lend it support if needed I do not feel too enthusiastic in being involved in its planning. Afterwards, I had a short meeting of my own with Carolyn, the Youth Zone Leader and a leader in the Baptist Church, to discuss the possibility of an Ecumenical FFT jointly with the other village churches in May. I shall be more than pleased to be involved in the planning for this. When I got home, Sara was in a state of wonder having received a Facebook approach from a long lost niece who is anxious to know all about Sara’s brother. She spent an hour and a half exchanging Facebook messages and then discussed the whole thing with me. As a consequence, although I was very tired, we went to bed quite late. Suddenly our lives seem to be so full and rich with many challenges being heaped on us. I am sure God is testing us and hope we shall not be found wanting. Sara’s grace is overwhelming sometimes. How I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment