Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The "Mighty Whites" go down - 0-6!

Spent the morning at home today largely separating warring children. Quite tiring, Sara was trying to finish off the Parish Magazine and I was feeling rather jaded as I found it hard to concentrate on anything. This afternoon I drove into Salisbury to drop off some old clothes for the Barnado's charity (some of the clothes I can no longer wear because I have shrunk!) and to pick up two new cartridges for the printer. I also posted some letters I had written this morning. This evening, Richard and I went to see Salisbury City play Truro City at Salisbury's ground near Old Sarum. We were expecting a very close contest. There were over 1600 people there tonight - a great attendance for a team in such a lowly non-league division. Salisbury needed a win or a draw to consolidate their lead at the top of the table (over Truro!). I can only describe it as an utter appalling performance from Salisbury. They were losing 0-2 at half time and were one man down due to a flare-up by their captain. This only got worse in the second half. Salisbury scored two disallowed goals and Truro a further 4! Final result: Salisbury 0, Truro 6! Richard and I decided to have a couple of pints back at the Lion's Head this evening - the highlight of the evening. Went to bed feeling quite tired and a little down this evening. Hoping I feel a bit more positive in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment