Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back on Track at Fat Fighters

A miserable wet day today which captured my mood as I got up this morning - it is Weight Watcher's weighing-in day and after last week's increase in weight and this week's dinners, I was convinced that the trend of putting on weight was going to continue. Sara was rushing around this morning with her own heavy schedule ahead of her - Weight Watchers, a Vie meeting in Durrington and a trip this afternoon to see The King's Speech (my high recommendation to her) at the Odeon in Salisbury. I stopped off at the Team Office to pick up a couple of bibles and made a quick visit to Dawn's before setting off for Stockbridge. Sara went on ahead of me and was already in the queue to be weighed when I arrived. There are quite a lot of new members now and so she had still not be weighed despite me being about ten minutes behind her. Unfortunately, Sara had put on a small amount this week which confirmed to me that I had almost certainly done likewise. I was absolutely amazed, and asked to be weighed a second time, when the scales recorded a further 3.5 pounds loss! Fantastic but a stunned feeling. I have now lost more than 2 stones and feel absolutely great. This gave me a great boost of confidence and feeling of positivity coming as it did after Sara's wonderful support yesterday. After the meeting, Sara went off in her car to the meeting in Durrington whilst I ordered a second coffee and spent an hour or so in the lounge with my netbook working on an important paper I need to complete for next week. This afternoon I moved all the boxes out of the study onto the landing making room in the study to start the major clear-out. I need the study to be relatively free of clutter and to turn it into a proper studying/working facility and not a dumping ground. Now looking forward to getting it sorted.
Sara returned home very pleased indeed that she had been to see such a wonderful film. Tonight we had a small study group - Ivan, James, Rosemary, Sara and myself - looking at Haggai - a very short book of the bible but with some wonderful issues to tackle relating to priorities - quite a useful study for me at present. James stayed behind for a whiskey (yes I've spelt it correctly as it was Jamieson's Irish). He needed it as he had pranged his car earlier. Another busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment