Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fork Handles - Happy Birthday Food for Thought

A really miserable day today, weather wise, with heavy rainfall all day. Sara was leading the Junior Church this morning at All Saints and she and Tom went on ahead with Mary and I following on about twenty minutes later. Jane led the Eucharistic service this morning with a sermon on the difficult topic of divorce. I had a chat with Jane afterwards over coffee. Following church, I went into Salisbury and spent an hour or so in the gym and after some shopping in Waitrose returned home to find Tom with his four friends in the lounge playing on his gaming console. This is what Tom had requested by way of a birthday celebration and the lads stayed until around 6 p.m. At 4 p.m. I went over to the Village Hall on my own to support Food for Thought which was a joint venture this month with the Scouts and included the building of a massive globe from wicker and cellophane. It was very well attended with Tim leading. It was the 4th birthday of FFT and Rosemary produced a birthday cake with four candles (not fork handles) on it. The Rural Dean, Vanda, was present and I had a long chat with her after the service. I avoided eating any of the food and when I got home I cooked two lovely trout for Sara and myself which we ate with new potatoes and green beans. Tonight, I went down to the Lion's Head for the pub quiz and formed a team of three with Richard and James. Klynn, Joe, Ellie, Susan, Jeremy and Sue formed two other teams of three. Needless to say, our team won again and I returned home with another bottle of wine! Another busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment