Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Golf at Hamptworthy

Another long day today. Following my long day and evening in Brighton yesterday, I was up early today at 6.00 a.m. so only had about 5 hours in bed. I put all my golf equipment in the car and then drove off to attend a business networking breakfast at the Grasmere Hotel where the Ambassadors' members met members of another networking group. I managed to chat to some new people - a photographer who lives very close to us and also a recruitment agent for whom we might get some employment law work. Sara joined us towards the end for a meeting with on of the Ambassadors' members to see if she might be able to do some occupational psychology work for him. I changed from my business suit into my golfing clobber and then set off for Hamptworthy Golf and Country Club to play a round of golf with Brian and Kevin - two former works colleagues. I found the course quite tough going - in places it was quite wet and muddy with plenty of water hazards and trees. It is quite an undulating course and bearing in mind I hadn't played since the States was not at all surprised. Both Kevin and Brian are immense hitters - easily driving 300 yards or more whereas I struggle to get it as far as 200 yards. In most cases they could get to the green in one or two shots less than me but I did manage to out-put them on one or two occasions to make the score not quite so humiliating. I really must use my voucher for some lessons and analyse my swing. It was a long course too - I reckon we walked some five and half miles in just under four and a half hours. Certainly earned a lot of activity points today - so much so that after a nice muscle-ease bath and a short nap, I bought the family a Chinese take-away tonight. I have plenty of pro-points available to use before my next Fat Fighters' Weigh-In on Thursday. Think I'll have a mini bottle of wine tonight too!

No comments:

Post a Comment