Sunday, February 20, 2011

Another Sad Loss - Maureen Mulrine, RIP

I walked to church this morning ahead of the rest of the family who followed on in the car about half an hour later. A great sermon from Nils about "loving your enemy" which even got the children thinking. We prayed for Maureen Mulrine on the sick list and for the soul of Cameron. Sophie came over from West Dean and enjoyed our service and fellowship. In fact most of the congregation stayed behind for coffee and a chat as long as the service itself. I walked back home again enjoying the walk and the opportunity to have some more quiet time. Back home I went on the Internet to find a message from Stephen Mulrine to say that Maureen had died that very morning - probably as we were praying for her. I sent a note of condolences back and expect that I will be going up to Leeds for the funeral in the next week or so. I am already scheduled to go to Cameron's funeral on Friday so don't know, just at the moment, how my week is going to be structured. Will have to be flexible. I have a few appointments (including lunch with the secretaries in Dorking on Thursday) which may have to get switched around. Mary and I went to Romsey Rapids this afternoon and spent an hour or so enjoying the water features there and having a fun time swimming. The water did seem a little colder than I remember it - perhaps I am feeling the cold a bit more since my weight loss. Tonight my diet got "blown away" quite a bit. We had roast duck for dinner with orange marmalade sauce - a beautiful bird. This was washed down with some red wine. That excess was followed by a trip down to the Lion's Head for a couple of pints over a chat with Richard and Steve. Whilst I was out Sara had a long chat with her niece, Natasha, which I gather was a little emotional at times. We all hope that Natasha and Lee will talk to each other and that Natasha's curiosity about her Dad will be satisfied and put to rest. Sara and I had a video conference with her Dad and Andrea tonight after I returned from the pub. We chatted for nearly an hour about family matters. Skype is such a brilliant invention. We didn't go to bed until 1 a.m. and, I have to say, I was well over my daily points allowance today. Will have to be much more disciplined tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment