Monday, February 07, 2011

Happy 14th Birthday Tom!

Up early this morning - Tom's 14th birthday today. It's frightening to think how quickly time has passed by - it seems such a short time ago since I saw him being born and the joy that event invoked! Now a tall "strompy" teenager! Just enough time this morning for him to open his presents (a Fifa '11 game from us, a trendy top from my sister and family, some chocolates and sweets from Mary, some money from my Mum and a token from Therese) before he needed to get off to school - another important day for him as he has to speak with his form tutor to discuss his GCSE choices. Sara went off this morning to have coffee with our friend Sue to discuss her calendar leaving me to deal with some office work. This afternoon I drove into Salisbury to bank some cheques and spend an hour in the gym. I parked at the leisure centre and walked into the city and back - so got quite a bit of exercise in. This evening we indulged ourselves with a Chinese takeaway - Tom's favourite - and Mum phoned in to wish him a happy birthday. He will be having some friends around next weekend and I've suggested and agreed that we will take one of his friends with us on Saturday to watch the Saints v. Carlisle league game.

No comments:

Post a Comment