Thursday, February 03, 2011

Mr Blobby!

I'm afraid that today didn't start all that well as our trip to Fat Fighters' this morning resulted in a revelation that I had put on half a pound this week - the first week in eleven that I hadn't lost any weight but had actually put some on! Not sure why this was the case other than the fact that I think I've been a bit relaxed this last week and perhaps over-estimated the number of activity points which I have earned - allowing myself to over indulge because I thought I was burning off more fat than I actually was. Also, as I am now looking much slimmer my weight loss is perhaps slowing down anyway. Sara, bless her, had lost one and a half pounds so she was delighted that for the first time in eleven weeks she had beaten me on the weight-loss stakes! I must redress this next week as I am so close to having lost a full two stones - my halfway point! Feeling a bit depressed and like Mr. Blobby this morning. We didn't stay very long and after a cup of black coffee each we returned home. Sara had a luncheon appointment with friends (a traditional Israeli lunch apparently) and I had to drive down to Dorchester for a very important meeting. My trip to Dorchester successfully accomplished, I returned home at around 6 p.m. giving myself just enough time to scramble together the semblance of a study of the Book of Amos for tonight's house group. It was well attended tonight with seven of us - a nice number - and we read through Amos before discussing its relevance to today's world. The situation in Egypt today is worsening as eight people have now been killed in the protests against Mubarak and his regime and the fear of a de-stabilising of the country so close to the Israeli border. The world watches and waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment