Sunday, February 19, 2012

Another busy Sunday


I gave the intercessions and acted as one of the sidespeople at All Saints Church, Winterslow this morning which meant I had to be up early again.  As is usual, when writing and preparing the intercessions for delivery, I first of all went on the Internet to see if any overnight news might have changed their tone or content.  Fortunately, nothing major had occurred - the main news continuing to be the unrest in Syria.  I left for church early with Sara and the children following on later.  The service was a Parish Eucharist with Nils leading and Andrew preaching on the subject of the Transfiguration and "blindness" which I had also used as a theme for my intercessions.  On my return home, I cooked the Sunday lunch as is now my role - roast garlic chicken, roast vegetables and potatoes, pigs in blankets and stuffing followed by mince tart made by Sara.  This afternoon Tom and I watched the Stevenage v. Tottenham Cup Tie which resulted in a 0-0 draw - a great result for Stevenage who replaced Grimsby Town in the FA League.  They will now have to replay at White Hart Lane.  Later on Liverpool beat Brighton & Hove Albion with a massive 6-1 win at Anfield.  Liverpool will now play Stoke in the Quarter-Finals.  Tonight I attended Evensong at Farley where Mandy, Zoe and Sara (Bossom) were being commissioned as Lay Worship Leaders.  A lovely service with my tutor, Philip, preaching.  He had recently marked my portfolio on theological reflection and I offered to mark his sermon for him!  Not likely, was his response!   After the service I went back to Mandy's and Stuart's for champagne and nibbles to celebrate her commissioning.  Richard phoned for our usual Sunday evening pub meeting but I declined as I had already enjoyed a drink at Mandy's and have quite a bit of work to catch up on this evening.  I shall lose two days next week with having to go up to Grimsby and Cleethorpes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment