Monday, February 06, 2012

"The Picture of Dorian Gray"

A quiet day at home today.  Mary was not feeling too well this morning so stayed at home in bed for most of the day.  Sara and I did some housework - especially in the hall and cloakroom which seems to have filled with shoes and boots!  Apart from a short walk over to the doctor's surgery this morning, I have spent all day in the house.  The weather has been drizzling with rain and the Union Flag has hung limply on the pole to commemmorate the 60th anniversary of the death of King George VI and the Accession of Queen Elizabeth II.  This afternoon Sara and I watched a film of Oscar Wilde's novel "The Picture of Dorian Gray" - a very dark film indeed.  I must read the book again - it must be well over thirty-five years since I last read it - if not more.  Feeling very tired again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment