Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Romance

St. Valentine's Day today and I woke up on a mattress in Peter's lounge - not a romantic morning with my wife!  Never mind, it was made up for by a trip to Wheelies in Portslade for a traditional slap up English breakfast - the "Mini".  Peter and I parted after the breakfast and I drove back to Winterslow, stopping briefly at Rustington to bank a cheque.  I also stopped at garden centre on the A36 between Ower and Salisbury and bought Sara a red rose bush called "Romance" for her rose garden - this instead of the traditional yet overpriced bunch of red roses.  Hopefully, if she doesn't kill it, the bush will bear more red roses than just a dozen.  Tonight I cooked lobster as a romantic dinner for two with champagne (pink cava actually) and we watched the film Mama Mia which I didn't particularly enjoy - although I did enjoy the music.  We did enjoy a nice warm log fire in the lounge tonight too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment