Friday, February 10, 2012

Another Winterslow winter has arrived

Woke up to heavy small this morning - the village looking really beautiful.  Sara managed to get her car out of the drive but my Mercedes seemed to have difficulty and it wasn't until after there had been a thaw, later in the morning, that I managed to get my car up onto the road.  Sara and I walked over the Truffles Coffee Shop to draw the raffle for the Valentine Hamper which was won by an 83 year old gentleman in the village.  Another £300 was raised for the Breast Care Fund.   Sara worked at the Lord Nelson at lunch time and I drove into Salisbury to bank the Calendar money and to get my wheel replaced.  Unfortunately, it looks as though the offside tyrpe is now leaking.  I will have to keep and eye on it.  I have taken the old tyre which I'll keep as a replacement for emergencies instead of the slave tryre which came with the car.  At present, it seems to have sealed itself!  This afternoon, I made a fire and after taking and picking up Mary for her youth club up at Barry's Fields, Sara and I spent a fairly lazy night in front of the TV watching a travelogue on Istanbul where we hope to holiday this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment