Friday, February 24, 2012

Morning in Cleethorpes; Afternoon travelling

I woke up quite early this morning in Grimsby.  I made tea for Mum, Sara and myself and we all had breakfast together.  Sara, Mary and I went shopping in Cleethorpes (including a trip to Ron Ramsden's and the the old YEB Showrooms at Issac's Hill - now a party costume hire shop) and, inevitably, ended in the arcades on the seafront where Mary managed to lose a £1's-worth of 2p pieces in about 20 minutes - still, it's good entertainment for only a pound.  We returned to Mum's for a coffee and a final chat and look at the newspapers (Sara found the lonely-Hearts' column particularly interesting! - and Mary the obituaries!) before finally setting off on our journey back down to Wiltshire.  We left at around 12.30 p.m. stopping for ice-creams at Skellingthorpe near Lincoln and fuel near Leicester.  We eventually arrived back home at 5.30 p.m. (travelling down the M1 to Northampton this time).  Not too bad a journey but a little longer than coming up yesterday.  Feel absolutely shattered tonight but I have to read two books of the bible - Amos and Hosea, before tomorrow's tutorial at the Diocesan Education Centre - all day study.  Sara and I ate a Chinese takeaway meal tonight as we hadn't eaten much during the day.  Will close now as my eyes are feeling quite heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment