Sunday, February 26, 2012

"You'll Never Walk Alone"


Sara woke me early this morning as she had to get up and take Tom to the village shop to begin his paper round.  None of us went to all Saints this morning and I elected to go to CityChurch in Salisbury at 10.30 a.m. as it is my "Sunday off" this month and it was good to go to church where I was not required to take any part and could let the worship and teaching be absorbed.  A good sermon from Simon on the topic of the Prodigal Son - this time looking at the situation of the elder brother who stayed with his father and discovering that he too had become lost.  Some real reflective theology here for me to muse upon.  I think I can also weave this into my presentation for my Interpreting the bible module.  After calling in at Waitrose for some essentials groceries, I returned home to cook a late lunch - roast pork and crackling.  The early part of the afternoon was taken up with this task and following lunch we watched most of the Cardiff v Liverpool Carling Cup Final which ended in the narrowest of wins for Liverpool after penalty shoot-outs - misses by Gerrard Cousins on each team!  Tonight I attended Evening Prayer at Whaddon as I am due to lead and preach at this service in a fortnight's time.  Andrew led the service and the preacher this evening was Father John Proctor, a Roman Catholic Deacon who had, a one time, been a senior manager at Friends Provident and we had known each other through work. The congregation was seven in number, and would have been only six if I hadn't attended!  I gave the second reading which was quite a difficult piece of scripture from Romans.  After CityChurch's service this morning when the attendance was at least 100, I do wonder why we have so many services within the team.  I phone Mum tonight to wish her happy a birthday.  My Aunt Ivy and Cousin Elaine had called round to see her today and to meet up with my sister Heather and niece Hannah.  I really kind gesture.  Mum seemed to be in good spirits this evening which is always comforting to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment