Saturday, February 18, 2012

A great day for football

Tom was up early on his paper round this morning and I decided to get up early and do some work in the study before breakfast.  In particular I wanted to bring last week's blogs up to date and try and complete the night sky article for the parish magazine.  I took Tom up to Barry's Fields for the Clarendon Juniors FC game which they won 7-1.  Tom only came on at half time and didn't, unfortunately, score any goals. This afternoon it was off to Southampton in the rain to watch Saints play Derby County in the Championship.  Most of us fans expected it to be a very close match but in the end Southampton beat Derby comfortably by 4-0.  This leaves Saints back at the top of the Championship League, two points ahead of West Ham who have two games in hand.  Great celebrations tonight in Southampton.  Tonight I finished off the night sky article for the parish magazine and wrote my intercessory prayers for tomorrow as I am acting as intercessor at All Saints, Winterslow.  I didn't go to bed tonight until those two tasks had been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment