Thursday, February 09, 2012

Sermon and Snow

A busy morning in the study working on my sermon for Sunday.  I had a meeting with Nils at the Rectory at 2 p.m. this afternoon and needed to get something written down on paper to discuss with him.  The general outline of my sermon I had worked on in my head over the last few days but with the sudden death of my laptop, I needed to work swiftly on something on my netbook.  My meeting with Nils went quite swiftly - less than an hour today - and he seemed pleased with my proposed sermon other than a couple of suggested amendments.  I will look at it again on Saturday morning and make any changes after it has had a chance to "pickle" as I call it.  This afternoon I spent a few hours getting my new laptop up and running.  II haven't lost too many things except for Complex accounts which may take some time to replace.  fortunatley last year's accounts are in tact which means I can prepare the books to go to the company's accountants for last years accounts.  Tonight we had a rather light House Group where we discussed "If" - a type of scruples game where we looked at a number of issues and how we might respond.  As the group broke up the snow started falling heavily and so the group dispersed quite quickly to get home - no lingerers for the usual glass of wine.  I expect we'll wakr up tomorrow to a heavy snowfall.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you should seriously consider lookgin at "Cloud computing" options?

    Here's an article that may help you understand what it is and the benefits
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/what-is-cloud-computing-and-how-do-i-use-it-1896368.html

    ReplyDelete