Sunday, February 05, 2012

Preaching and Leading at Whiteparish

I didn't get up very early this morning and decided to miss church at Winterslow, preferring to stay at home and start polishing up my sermon for tonight.  Sara attended church as she was the official "welcomer".   The weather remains cold bu the snow has almost completely disappeared.  I spoke briefly to Mum on the phone this afternoon - she will be attending hospital tomorrow to discuss procedures for tackling her kidney problem.  Sara and I took Rosemary over with us to Whiteparish this evening where I presided over the Evensong and preached.  There were about fifteen people present this evening so a nice cosy number for my first "solo" flight as leader and preacher.  It seemed to go okay - a fairly standard Book of Common Prayer service which I hope sparkled a little with the sermon - references to Scott of the Antarctic and Scott of the Starship Enterprise on the theme of boldness.  Later on, this evening, Richard came over for a couple of beers to give me some constructive feedback.  Felt quite tired tonight after a late night last night and all the preparation and deliverance of the sermon and service.

No comments:

Post a Comment