Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A satisfying day


Another day without going outside the village.  I cooked Mary and omelette and then walked her to school again.  I called in at the shop for a morning newspaper and then walked straight back home - no long detour today.  Sara walked to Morning Star and I walked to St. john's Church for Mid-Week Eucharist which was taken by Jane.  There were only six of us this morning - three clergy and three laity.  We reflected on the story of Jonah today.  Back home, I had a nice break with a mug of coffee and my two newspapers (I also picked up a Sarum Link at church this morning).  After a hectic week so far, I enjoyed the opportunity to sit and read the newspaper in relative quiet - nobody else in and no phone calls.  I cleaned, dusted and vacuumed the lounge and hall today and also cleaned the wardrobe mirrors in Mary's room which had sticky finger marks all over them.  Quite a satisfying job.  No sooner did I seem to have finished that and had a light lunch of crab rolls than I had to go back to the school to pick Mary up again.  I had to wait half an hour for her as we had forgotten that she was on a school trip into Salisbury to attend an activity at South Wilts Girls' Grammar School.   Tonight Tom has been revising for his science exam tomorrow - part of his assessment for his Science GCSE.  Sara has been quite strict with him about his being focused on this important exam.  I cooked the evening meal today - a stir fry chow mein using left-over pork, vegetables, noodles and chow mein sauce. I was very pleased with the result which tasted just like an authentic  Chinese takeaway.  I think the Chinese spices and noodles helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment