Monday, February 13, 2012

A good evening in Brighton

Off to Brighton today to attend Brighton & Hove Civic Lodge's meeting.  I left after lunch arriving at Peter's in Hove at around 3,30 p.m.  He has a full house at the moment so it meant that I would have to sleep on a mattress in the lounge tonight.  The meeting tonight went very well.  I opened and closed the lodge and entrusted the candidate who was being raised to the Third Degree.  The ceremony was conducted excellently by Peter and the Traditional History, the second part of the ceremony, was conducted by the Assistant Provincial Grand Master, Tony Davies, who had also attended my lecture on the Titanic at Hastings a few weeks ago. Tony also presented a certificate to that brother who was raised at our December meeting. I have promised to provide personal copies of the "Sacred Law" (i.e. the Holy Bible) to each of the two candidates who have been raised during the year of my mastership. We had an excellent Festive Board afterwards - soup, beef casserole and trifle.  Peter and I travelled to and from the lodge on the bus.  Tonight we had our usual in depth natter over a cup of tea before he retired to bed and me to the mattress and sleeping bag.  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment