Sunday, February 12, 2012

A working Sunday

An early start this morning in order to be over to West Grimstead Parish Church where I was delivering the sermon at the 9.30 a.m. BCP Parish Eucharist with Nils, the Rectory, leading the service.  Knowing that the congregation don't like long sermons I restricted this morning's to around eight minutes on the topic of not leaving God behind in church but taking Him with you wherever you go in life.  The sermon seemed to work well and a number of parishioners said that they found it thought-provoking and would take it away with them to reflect upon.  I really can't ask any more.  I had three members of my support group in the congregation with me, Richard, Zoe and Mandy (Mandy having arrived back from Barbados that morning!) and I gave Mandy a lift back to Pitton where I joined her and Stuart for coffee.  We then went across the road to Pitton Church where Sophie was leading Morning Worship with a speaker from the Kunde Project (missionary worker/doctor in Tibet and China) who spoke eloquently on the work being done principally in China and spoke of the situation in Tibet.  A fascinating talk and I was delighted to have an opportunity to have a chat to her afterwards.  I cooked Sunday lunch today - roast lamb - which the children loved.  It is now a regular thing for me to cook Sunday lunch.  The kids love Dad cooking and it gives Sara a break.  Sunday has now very much become a working day for me.  The downside is that going away for weekends is much more difficult.  Weekends seem much busier than weekdays.  Tonight, Richard, David, James and I took part in the Lion's Head Quiz as "Last of the Summer Wine" embarrassingly winning again with a 19 points lead over the next closest team - Klynn's.  They must really hate us.  More wine for the collection/next Sunday's lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment