Friday, February 17, 2012

The Muppets

Last day of the school half term holiday today.  I attended Morning Prayer with Nils and Andrew this morning at All Saints and returned home for breakfast at 9.00 a.m. armed with a baguette from the shop to eat with a hot chocolate - a lovely typical French breakfast.  Later in the morning, Mary and I drove to the Park & Ride at Petersfinger and caught the bus into Salisbury city centre to see the film, "The Muppets" at the Odeon Cinema.  A good light-hearted film and quite different from the intense story of Warhorse which we went to see on Wednesday night. I dropped Mary off at Sophie's on the way back to Winterslow and after a cup of coffee with her at West Dean, returned to Winterslow to attend a meeting of the Parish Standing Committee at MM-J's which didn't end until about 5.30 p.m. as we were setting the budget for 2012 - quite a big task.  Mary stayed at Sophie's for tea and so Sara, Tom and I had our evening meal together - meatballs for Tom and me and a chicken curry for Sara.  I went over to West Dean tonight at around 9.00 p.m. to pick up Mary who was quite distressed tonight because her laptop, which she took over with her, had somehow got scratched.  Fortunately it isn't too bad but she is very proud of it and disappointed that it is no longer pristine.  Sara and I tried to comfort her by saying that this sort of thing does happen and it was only a matter of time before it was marked in some way.  I know, laptops are working tools for me and can easily get scratched.  I was upset too, when my little netbook bore a small scratch.  Another full day tomorrow with football.

No comments:

Post a Comment