Monday, February 27, 2012

Star Gazing on a cloudy night - Again!

I spent the first part of the morning in the study catching up on paperwork and later went into Andover to bank a further £778 for the Calendar.  The amount in the bank now exceeds £15,500 with further direct donations making the total near the £16,500 mark.  An amazing result for the girls.  I obtained the large publicity cheque from the bank which will be used for publicity purposes when the actual money is handed over.  This evening I gave a presentation to the Porton Brownies for their Stargazing Badge.  Unfortunately, the sky was extremely overcast with light drizzle falling.  This meant that we had to do the indoor Solar System model play and constellation quiz.  It seemed to go down well and the Troop was a really well behaved and interested group of girls.  a really enjoyable experience.  Mary came along with me and helped out.  She seemed to be very popular with the other girls.  Back home this evening, I caught up on some more emails after a dinner of mussels in garlic sauce.  No wine though - I chose to drink low calorie tonic water which can give the illusion that you are drinking alcohol - my alcohol-free gin and tonic I prefer to call it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment