Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Burns' Night

Another bitterly cold day today.  I attend Mid-Week Eucharist which was taken by Elizabeth who continued the theme of St. Brigit or St. Bride.  Following that, with some help from Richard, I delivered the rest of the parish magazines to the distributors for delivery to the individuals around the village.  This evening Sara joined me and 42 others at a Burns' Night Supper organised and hosted by my Freemason's lodge in Salisbury, Sarum Lodge.  We had Nicola Kirsch, the opera singer, entertain us and were treated to an excellent five-course meal - haggis, soup, roast lamb, fresh fruit salad and cheese and biscuits.  Excellent value.  As we had no Director of Ceremonies tonight I had to double up in that role as well as Secretary of the Lodge.  When I got back home (Sara having preceded me) I had a message to ring my sister Heather.  I hope all is okay.  As I didn't get home until about 11.30 p.m. I decided to leave calling her until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment