Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ontology and Quizology

A day at college today grappling with the Trinity and ontology (the study of change).  I received the marking sheet for my essay, a whopping 66% - a great surprise (but pleasant).  I also received the reviews of my sermon at Stapleford (which, as expected, were mixed).  We had a really good day with seminars from Jane Charman and Philip Jones on the topic of being an LLM.  Some quite thought-provoking stuff.  The day started with a Morning Prayer service in the chapel, which I had written, and ended with me reciting an “Ode to the Examiner” which Sara had given to me and which I adopted to give it a local relevance and which received a large round of laughter and applause.  By attending college I missed the Southampton v. West Bromwich game and Richard kindly took Thom along.  I’m glad I did and Saints lost the game 0-3 with three red cards being administered – two to Saints players (Fox and Ramirez).  A very poor performance by all accounts.  Tonight Sara’s Cheerleading Group hosted a Quiz and Chilli Evening at the Lord Nelson which was massively attended.  The place was packed.  My team consisted of Myself, Andrew (the Curate), Klynn, Richard (Klynn’s friend) and Thom.  We came second in the conventional quiz and won the dingbats round and received a small bottle of wine each.  Felt absolutely exhausted tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment