Saturday, April 20, 2013

Anniversary Party

Thom and Sara were up early again this morning as Thom had his paper round to do. Mary is on a sleep-over with her friend Lucy in Salisbury. I spent the morning in the study writing my sermon for tomorrow – deciding to keep it topical and referring to the vents of this week – especially in Boston – and relating them to the scriptural passages which were on the theme of faith and being part of the shepherd’s flock.  I am glad that I did complete the first draft as Sara and I spent the rest of the afternoon over in the Village Hall at the 50th Wedding Anniversary Party of Norman and Pam Thorne where there was much wine and champagne as well as excellent food – salmon, chicken salad, quiche and hot potatoes and salad followed by lemon tart, chocolate trifle, cake and coffee/tea.  We didn’t leave until nearly 6 p.m.  Not much got done this evening – Sara proof-read my draft sermon and I did make a few amendments to it before printing it off ready for tomorrow.  This afternoon, Southampton managed a 0-0 draw which gives them 39 points in the Premier League – 8 points above the relegation zone with four games left to go (2 Home and 2 Away).  Saints are all but safe but mathematically could still go down.  Grimsby Town won their game against Newport County 3-0 which means that they will play Newport again on Tuesday at Blundell Park in the first leg of the Play-Off Semi-Finals.   I am not optimistic of their return to league football but it would be the icing on a really good season for my teams if they did.  Hull are as good as promoted to the Premier League and Bournemouth arte promoted to the Championship.  Exciting time ahead over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment