Friday, April 19, 2013

Boston bomber killed

Spent he first part of the morning in my study preparing for my meeting with Nils followed by the meeting itself at The Rectory where we reflected on events and studies over the last month.  In particular we reflected upon pastoral care issues and agreed that I would attend various meetings at which I could see pastoral care at work.  I called in briefly at the Lord Nelson for a bowl of chips and a quick chat with Sara and Bill Z before returning home.  This afternoon I drove up to Andover to bank some cheques and then on to Durrington to meet with the prospective candidate for our Lodge and his wife.  I also met their four lovely cats and we chatted for nearly two hours over tea.  He seems very relaxed about next month’s meeting and I was as informative as I felt I could be – certainly I gave him more information than I had received before I joined!  Tonight, Sara and I joined Andrew (curate) and his wife Sarah, Richard and Linda and Mark and Claire from Pitton for a lovely meal.  Four ministerial trainees together! We had promised that we would not talk about church – but how can you avoid it with four trainees together!   A wonderful evening and a chance to get to know Andrew and Mark and their wives much better.   Back home we watched the news as the events in Boston unfolded further.  One of the marathon bombers has been killed and the other is being hunted in the Watertown area of Boston.  They appear to be Chechnen brothers living in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment