Sunday, April 28, 2013

Grimsby to stay a Non-League Club

A free day as far as the Clarendon Team is concerned – no services to take and no sermons to preach.  I decided to go to St. Paul’s this morning and enjoy their informal style of service.  Sara and Thom had intended to come too but Thom has invited some friends over and Sara decided to stay behind – she is even more exhausted from last night than I am.  A great service at St. Paul’s with a baptism and Andrew’s excellent sermon on Isaiah 49 with illustrations from his visit to the opticians. After the service I got chatting to a former BBC cameraman over coffee before calling in at Waitrose to pick up some bits and pieces for tonight’s curry.  Sara and I had a light lunch of smoked haddock soup and fresh crusty bread.  This afternoon I tackled mowing the grass bank which proved to be a really heavy task.  With so much rain and then recent sun, the grass on the bank has grown to a level which made it difficult even for the motor mower to get through and I really struggled.   It took me over two hours to complete a task which would normally take about 35-40 minutes.   After I had completed this I watched the Newport v Grimsby Second Leg Play-Off Final from Newport on Welsh TV.  It was not a very good game of football and Newport managed to score one goal throughout the whole match to secure their place at Wembley against Wrexham – an all-Welsh final therefore with both Grimsby and Kidderminster having been beaten.  Another year for Grimsby in the Blue Square Premier Non-League Division.  Tonight Sara and I watched a Poirot film with Peter Ustinov before going to bed relatively early.

No comments:

Post a Comment