Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Big Business Event Breakfast

 
Up early this morning to attend the Ambassadors’ Business Breakfast at The Guildhall in Salisbury as part of the Salisbury Big Business Conference.  The meeting was well attended and ended with Tony Field of Icon Business Solutions who talked about the need to have vision in running a successful business.  After the meeting I had a quick look at the various stalls before returning to my car.  Sara had had an appointment with the doctor this morning in connection with her breathing problems and she had just come out of the doctor’s surgery as I was walking past!  We arranged to go to Waitrose’s coffee shop and sat and had a coffee together before returning to Winterslow. The rest of the morning and afternoon were taken up with proof-reading my essay, sending this off to my University tutor and I started to put together the rest of my portfolio which I have targeted to compete by the end of Friday afternoon.  I had given my apologies for missing a Staff Team Meeting today as I wanted to concentrate on my academic studies.  I gave myself some time out this afternoon to mow the back lawn – a heavy task as the grass has grown up again quite a bit.  Tonight I drove over to Seend near Melksham for the third session in my pastoral care module.  We discussed the human life cycle as described by the German-born  development psychologist who had identified eight stages of life – infancy, young child/toddler, play, childhood, adolescence, young adult, adult, mature adult. Of these stages, Sara and I are at No. 7.  A good evening with some thought-provoking studies.  On my drive over Salisbury Plain I managed to have a good long telephone conversation with Mum who has to go to the DVLA Test Centre on Monday to have her eyes tested for her driving licence.  She has to be able to read a car number plate at 20 metres.  I re-assured her that this was about the distance between the stumps of a cricket wicket and shouldn’t present her with any problems.  I have hope and pray for her as I know that being unable to drive was a great frustration for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment